You will need a palette with mixing wells and washes of:
- Cerulean Blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Naples Yellow
Mix a wash of violet in one of the wells.
Remember that red, yellow, & blue are the primary colors and when 3 primaries mix, you get gray and/or borwn
1. Paint a Cerulean wash over and around the tops of the clouds.
2. Dab a violet wash [Alizarin Crimson + Cerulean Blue diluted]
3. Dab a bit of Cerulean wash next tothe purple
4. Dab some naples yellow at the tops of some of the cloud formations
5. Soften the edges
5. Add a very diluted, softened violet wash beneath the cloud formations
6. Add a bit of diluted blue wash
7. Dab Grays on the bottoms of the clouds
Streak a less diluted gray across the sky
Finished Sky with Clouds Painted by Patrick Ley-Greaves